Resources from Volunteer Training
- Volunteer Manual
- Resource Guide for Santa Barbara County
- Recovery Principles - 10 Key Steps (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Introduction to Cultural Competency (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- New Volunteer Training (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Homelessness & Sexual Assault
Be A Budget Advocate
- How To Make A Two Minute Public Comment
- Santa Barbara County Budget Info Sheet
- How To Tell Your 'Story of Self" Moyers & Company
- Searching Out Solutions - Alternatives to the Criminalization of Homelessness
- Opening Doors - National Report on Homelessness
- Million Dollar Murray
- A Report On Homelessness In The County Of Santa Barbara, Presented By Roger Heroux (2006)
Training & Education for Volunteers
Common Ground Santa Barbara County Trainings
Click here for upcoming Introduciton To Volunteering Training
If you have questions contact Claudia at (805) 451-5604
Mental Health First Aid Training
Mental Health First Aid training is an exciting new course taught in over 20 countries around the world. This course offered through the Mental Wellness Center and is designed to equip you with the tools you need to support a person experiencing a mental health problem. From anxiety attacks to depression, you will learn how to respond in any mental health crisis. We encourage all of our Common Ground Santa Barbara County volunteers to take this course and offer scholarships for active volunteers!
March, 8-hour training
Saturday, March 15 (8am-5:30pm)
Course Cost*: $45 per person
To register: Contact Naj Alikhan at 805-884-8440 x 3213 or email email@example.com *For information about scholarships for active Common Ground Santa Barbara County volunteers email Claudia at firstname.lastname@example.org
Underserved Medicine Seminar
Tuesday, January 7 is the season opener of UCSB's class INT 75 "Underserved Medicine Seminar." 6pm, Broida 1610. The Underserved Medicine Seminar is one of the programs of Doctors Without Walls - Santa Barbara Street Medicine (DWW-SBSM).
This class is open to the Santa Barbara community. You will learn a great deal about both international and local efforts to care for the underserved. For more information click here.
The Common Ground Santa Barbara County Homeless Advocacy volunteer effort is a special project of the Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County. The project is funded by private donors, the McCune Foundation, the Fund for Santa Barbara and the Mental Health Service Act, and is organized in collaboration with the Legal Aid Foundation of Santa Barbara County and the County of Santa Barbara Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Services.